ShareThis

Friday 15 November 2013

The New World of Marketing Automation

I have been at Profunnel now for just over a month and previous to this I had never even heard the term Marketing Automation let alone knew of any of the benefits or how to sell it.  So to say my first month has been a learning experience is a bit of an understatement!

What I have learnt in my first month has made me realise that marketing automation can be of massive benefit to any business of any size. As a sales person a lot of my time is spent generating leads and cold calling. In my previous roles cold calling has literally meant just that – calling a person or organisation without any real knowledge of their interest in what I was selling them. 

In an ideal world the majority of people I contacted would be really keen to find out more but unfortunately we don’t live in an ideal world! Therefore a huge amount of time was taken up by speaking with people who have no interest in what I am trying to sell them. 

One of the major benefits to marketing automation is Lead Scoring – being able to see who out of my leads is ‘sales ready’. That is why as a sales person marketing automation is such a valuable tool. I am able to prioritise my calls, analyse who is most likely to buy and contact them straight away before I lose them to one of my competitors.  For those that are not currently sales ready they don’t simply slip through the net, personalised email marketing campaigns ensure they are nurtured until they are sales ready and that I am notified when they are. This means that I am confident that when I do speak to people that are not ready to purchase, they are not going to forget about me.

What I have learnt so far has been a real eye opener and I am really excited to learn more and see in greater detail how marketing automation can impact me as a sales person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This